UDUAK CHARLES DIARIES FOUNDATION (UCDiaries)In line with our core objectives and our vision, past projects embarked on include:
• Food provision (2016) in URUAN LGA
• Hygiene and Health (2017) in ETIM EKPO LGA
• Education (2018) in ETINAN LGA
In 2019, the foundation aims to embark on PSALMS 2019, comprising of three cardinal projects – Project WASH, Project RENEW and Project 300. Below are their details:
1. Project WASH: In line with the United nation’s provision of water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) for rural communities; UCDiaries intends to make hygiene practices feasible, possible and accessible. However, for hygiene practices to be a safe reality, a clean water source must be existent. Hence, the innovation of providing Ibianang Ediene community, a rural community in Ikono LGA with clean water source, a necessity which they lack. Leveraging on technology, the UCDiaries will construct an electric powered water borehole system for the community. This will help make clean water not just available but also accessible to all and sundry.
2. Project RENEW: Dead things can live again. This project is aimed at renovation and redesign of old structures, broken furniture and equipment. Specifically, this project will entail repainting of Saint Joseph’s Primary School, art designs and murals on the classroom walls, replacement of desks and tables for students and teachers, replacement of school signposts and national flag among others. This is a huge necessity, as the learning environment serves as a stimulant and key factor that influences the learning and cognitive development of the child.
3. Project 300: In a bid to support the educational pursuits of every child, we are also looking to embark on clothing the children with new school uniforms and learning materials for the start of a new session. To this end, the organization has created a pool of dedicated and expert tailors to participate in the sewing of 300 school uniforms.
In addition to the projects above, UCDiaries carries out community development services which are aimed at the general welfare of the community. This year, community development services will include free medical checkup for the community members, free hair barbing and hairdo, mowing of grass in the school environment, provision of food materials to parents and individuals. The aim of this is to ensure that the five major sectors of the organization are covered annually.
Partnership and sponsorship of the projects will be an investment in the future, in people, in systems, and in the entire society, as well a huge avenue to reach out to communities in line with your organization’s corporate social responsibility goals. This will further boost your clientele level, as customers have become more likely to do business with socially responsible organizations. In return for sponsoring the UCDiaries projects, there will be clear communication, mentions and regional campaign as a sponsor.